NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Health care workers at two New York City hospitals are getting some much-needed support.
Military medical teams arrived Monday at Coney Island Hospital to give the staff a break.
- New York State book online here or call 1-833-NYS-4-VAX
- New York City book online here or call 877-VAX-4NYC
- Track NYC vaccinations by zip code
- Nassau County more info here
- Suffolk County more info here
- Westchester County more info here
- New Jersey book online here or call 1-855-568-0545
- Connecticut book online here
- Complete COVID Vaccine Coverage
- Vaccination Sites In New York City | Call 877-VAX-4NYC
- Track NYC Vaccinations By Zip Code
- Find NYC Testing Site Near You
- Check NYC Testing Wait Times
- CDC’s COVID Vaccine FAQ
- CDC’s COVID Tracking Map By County
- Resources: Help With Unemployment, Hunger, Mental Health & More
- Remote Learning Tools For Students And Parents At Home
Eighty teams, mostly funded through FEMA, have already been dispatched throughout the state to assist with 911 calls and patient transports.
“Our military doctors, nurses and respiratory therapists come from four different military installations across the nation. They bring with them an over-abundance of medical experience and knowledge,” Maj. Hollye Cottle said.
“Having the military come, it’s nice to know what we’re doing isn’t in vain and that people are seeing the struggle and acknowledging it,” said David.
The U.S. Department of Defense medical team will assist hospital staff for at least a month, experts say until the latest wave is under control.